*PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT*
From the 1st of November, the Scottish Government will allow a full range of treatment to be carried out in dental practices. Whilst this is good news for all our patients, we must make you aware that Government guidance only allows us to see a much-reduced number of patients per day. (Around 10 patients per dentist.) This is to continue our social distancing and infection control measures.
In addition, there are still some limitations to the supply of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) necessary for us to do these procedures. Despite these limitations, we will try to perform all clinically assessed options for patients attending. With time, we expect to be able to increase our range and number of treatments when government guidance allows.
We would like to remind our patients that we will do everything in our power to help them. However, with very low numbers of appointments available, we must continue to prioritise these for urgent care and the completion of treatments which are likely to fail. All current appointments will be risk assessed on this basis.
We would still like you to:
- Phone us first if you have any problems. If we can’t see you or perform the treatment you need, we can refer you to an Urgent Dental Care Centre in Forth Valley or other specialist clinics.
- To book appointments, please phone the surgery on 01259 723225. You will not be able to enter the building unless you have an appointment.
- When phoning for urgent care, please try to phone before 10am, if possible.
- If you are phoning about a routine enquiry or to make a non-urgent appointment, please try to phone after 11am.
- If you have any Covid symptoms or have been in close contact with someone with Covid-19 or suspected Covid-19, please DO NOT ATTEND. Phone us for further advice.
- Please be patient. We know many of you have been waiting for the point when we can treat you. We will do our best to see as many of you as we can until we return to normal.
When you attend for your appointment you will be:
- Expected to wear a mask or face covering
- Asked to use hand gel
- Asked Covid Screening questions
- Directed to socially distance in waiting areas
- Moved through the practice in a ‘one-way system’
- Asked to pay using contactless payment methods where possible
For more information on your visit, please watch our updated patient journey video.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. It is difficult for us not to be able to help all of you as normal.
If you have any problems, queries or doubts; please phone us on 01259 723225.